Alcohol and Drug Screening
Urine Drug Testing Services (Servicing Companies in Georgia only)
Millions of urine drug tests are administered every year. Urine drug testing is the most common screening method and detects usage of illegal substances typically up to a week with the exception of marijuana which can leave detectable traces for up to a month, particularly in the case of heavy users. Urine drug testing is the only testing method approved for federally-mandated testing. Businesses rely on urine testing for its cost-effectiveness and capacity to screen for a wide variety of drugs.
Results of a negative urine test are generally made available within a 24 – 48 hour time period. Positive test results can take up to three business days and sometimes longer.
Selection and Notification
1. The selection of drivers shall be made by a scientifically valid method, such as a random number table or a computer-based random number generator that is matched with drivers' Social Security numbers, payroll identification numbers, or other comparable identifying numbers.
2. The employer shall ensure that random tests are unannounced and spread reasonably throughout the year.
3. The employer shall ensure that drivers selected for random tests proceed immediately to the testing site upon notification of being selected.
4. Employers may pool interstate and intrastate drivers together for random testing.
5. If a driver who is selected for a random test is on vacation, is laid off, or is on an extended medical absence, the employer can keep the selection confidential until the driver returns, provided the driver is notified, and gets tested before the end of the cycle. If the driver will not be available for testing during the selection period, an alternate may be selected.
6. If an employer is required to conduct random testing under the rules of more than one DOT agency, the employer may either:
establish separate pools for random selection, with each pool containing the DOT–covered employees who are subject to testing at the same required minimum annual percentage rate, or
randomly select such employees for testing at the highest minimum annual percentage rate established for the calendar year by any DOT agency to which the employer is subject.
Department of Transportation (DOT) Testing
Moderno's certified collectors follow DOT mandated protocols for collection procedures, collection facility environment, and collector certification.